Essential cookies: These cookies are needed for you to be able to use our websites securely. These are automatically set when you open our website and cannot be turned off.
Marketing cookies: These cookies help us decide which products, service and offers might be of interest to you. These cookies are set to off when you open our site and you can choose to turn these on or off at any time, but disabling them won’t stop you seeing adverts, it just means they may be less relevant to your needs.
You can find a full list of the cookies used on our websites below.
We use both first and third party cookies.
First party cookies – these are set by abrdn and the data collected isn’t shared with anyone. These cookies are used to remember information about how you use the website(s).
Third party cookies – these are placed on your device by a Third Party’s website other than the one you’re on. For example, if you use a social media “share” button on a website, the social network (like Facebook) will put a cookie on your device so they know what you’ve browsed / liked while visiting that website. If you want to control how such Third Parties can use your data then you need to set your privacy choices on their site. We work with the following Third Parties in relation to cookies:
- Google – We will use Google cookies for advertising purposes so that we can make our adverts more relevant to you and also so we can understand if our marketing is effective. The Google product suite also allows us to use data to optimise the website experience for users. Google's third party cookies are classed as Marketing cookies. Find out more about how Google handles and uses personal information collected via these cookies here
- LinkedIn – We will use LinkedIn cookies to help target messages that might be relevant to you on LinkedIn. These are classed as Marketing cookies. Find out more about data collected by LinkedIn here
- Full Story – We will use FullStory to help us better understand your experience by securely storing anonymised recordings of your actions within our website. These cookies are classed as Experience & Insight. Find out more about the data collected by Fullstory here.
- Eloqua - Eloqua cookies track a user’s journey through the site in response to an email from us. The cookies are used for optimising our marketing communications by email to allow us to send further messages which are relevant, personalise content and improve your experience with us. Find out more about the data collected by Eloqua and how this used here
- Oracle Infinity - Infinity IQ customer data platform. This cookie tells us how individuals are interacting with our website so we can improve its performance. These cookies give Infinity information used to compile reports about website activity. More info here
Cookies in emails